Maybe we don't like them cruising by our house at midnight, but any other time, analog bass lines rock like nothing else. And we appreciate Korg making those sounds available at a price more people can access. The Korg Volca Series (Volca Bass, Volca Beats and Volca Keys) give you fat analog drums, window-rattling basses and analog keyboard sounds in small, portable, patchable packages for just $169 each. Huge sounds at a tiny price.
More from Korg
Powerful analog bass sound creation and an Electribe-inspired sequencer for the ultimate bass lines
Analog makes the difference. Aggressive bass sounds that stand up to the drums; fat, funky sounds that generate a groove—the Volca Bass’ analog sound engine has an unmistakable presence that can’t be reproduced by a digital simulation. It's a great choice for acid, house and many other styles of music. The Electrib-style step sequencer is visually intuitive and a powerful way to generate "free form" bass loops.
Powerful analog bass sound
- Three analog oscillators for thick, huge bass line
- Newly designed analog filter for crisp, bright response
- Simple structure with single VCF, VCA, LFO, and EG
Loop sequencer distilled from the Electribe series
- Electribe-style 16-step sequencer with eight memory patches
- Slide function that’s indispensable for acid and other types of electronic music
- Active Step function generates new bass lines by removing or inserting steps
Convenient functions for ease of use
- Self-tuning function for constant, stable pitch
- Sync In and Out allows clock sync of multiple instruments from the Volca Series as well as Korg's Monotribe
- Go-anywhere analog: play anywhere with the built-in speaker and optional battery power