Since its introduction in the mid 1970's, the dbx 160 series of compressor/limiters has been an industry standard. Solid construction, fool-proof operation, great sound, at-a-glance metering and a bulletproof output stage all contributed to its popularity.
The dbx 160A offers the same classic sound, easy set-up and no-compromise metering, now with improved signal path and stronger chassis design— perfect for live stage applications, recording and broadcast use.
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression curves—along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls—the dbx 160A can handle any compression need.
- True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting.
- Low ratios and OverEasy compression transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels.
- The 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) offer bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals.
The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or putput and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression