Roland TR-8S Rhythm Performer
The TR-8S is Roland’s do-it-all drum machine—combining the best of classic Roland sounds and elements with modern production features and pro performance.
The TR-8S comes loaded with the largest, most authentic collection of TR drum machines available—every sound from the most popular TR drum machines, with detailed circuit-models of the 808, 606, 909, 707, 727, and several modified versions. You can incorporate presets including the most memorable drum sounds and first-rate selection of samples—or import your own custom samples to create unique hybrid/layered kits, and then add effects. Adjust decay and tuning and alter sample start points, speed and direction—per channel—giving you a massive range of tone and dynamics.
The TR-8S can store 128 patterns, each with 8 variations and 3 kinds of fills, and patterns or variations can be triggered individually or chained together for evolving sequences. Program on the 16 TR-REC buttons or use the velocity-sensitive performance pad to play live or record into the sequencer. You can even copy patterns on the fly.
With 8 separate analog outputs, you can process individual drum sounds through external effects or send them into separate channels of your mixer or DAW. Whether you use the TR-8S live or in the studio, the powerful processor gives Roland’s ACB models amazing detail and definition. And you can count on big, punchy sounds thanks to high-resolution 24bit/96kHz digital-to-analog converters.
RGB color faders and TR-REC buttons let you customize the brightness, glow, and color of each element. It looks great and gives instant feedback about what’s playing, what’s muted, which instruments are grouped and so on.
The TR-8S can be your complete multi-channel audio and MIDI interface. When you connect to a computer or AIRA Link host, you can transfer MIDI and high-resolution audio over a single USB cable. And every kit, every pattern, and every setting can be backed up on an SD card.
- Comes with Roland’s largest, most accurate collection of TR drum machine sounds
- Features 81 ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) sounds and 150 factory samples
- Create/layer your own samples (WAV or AIFF), load via SD card slot
- Supports single samples up to 180 seconds (600 seconds total/all samples) at 44.1kHz
- Each pattern offers 3 fill types and 8 pattern variations
- Existing loops can play while you program a new pattern
- Step sequencer controls 11 parts, plus one for the 1/8” trigger output
- 8 analog audio outputs for separate routing/processing
- Accent function adds dynamic control, even in real time
- Record drums in real time or enter steps manually
- Built-in interface allows direct multitracking to a DAW
- 16 backlit pads
- Dedicated Tempo controls and TR-909 Shuffle control for natural feel
- MIDI clock sync
- 16 1/8”W x 10 3/8”D x 2 5/8”H
- 4 lbs. 11 oz.