As a banjo player, you've had relatively few tonal options before now. The Gold Tone Banjola lets you use banjo tuning and technique with a smaller, wood-bodied instrument that produces a sweet, sustaining tone you won't get from a traditional banjo.
The Banjola starts with a standard 5-string banjo neck, maple with rosewood fingerboard and celluloid binding (we love the shooting star inlay). The body is a teardrop-shape, like a mandolin (or mandola). The spruce top, maple back and sides produce a pleasing, subtle tone more akin to a bouzouki or parlor-size guitar. With the fifth string drone, there's even a hint of dulcimer.
We see this as a truly useful instrument in a few different ways:
- The pro banjo player can add a new voice without having to change technique or fingerings.
- The beginner can more easily handle the lighter weight.
- Family members and neighbors will appreciate the lighter tone and volume while you master your technique (seriously--we know this has ended more than one aspiring banjo career).
The Banjola comes with a custom-fitted HBB gig bag. And it could even save your marriage.
• Top Solid spruce
• Back/Sides Curly Stained Maple
• Neck Maple
• Fingerboard Rosewood
• Bridge Ebony
• Finish Vintage Brown
• Fingerboard Inlay Dot/Shooting star
• Headstock Inlay Shooting star
• Neck Binding Celluloid
• Body Binding Celluloid
• Nut & saddle Bone
• Tuners Planetary
• Tailpiece Mandolin
• Strings Medium
• Frets Med
• Plating Chrome
• Case Options HBB Banjola Gigbag
• Scale 26 1/2"
• Weight 4 lbs
• Nut Width 1 3/16"
• Total Length 38 1/4"