- Kala Thinline Ukulele models stat at $181.99. Please call for current availability and pricing.-
The Kala Thinline uke is the thinnest, lightest travel instrument we carry, and probably one of the most surprising. You might expect an anemic sound from such a thin body, but the Thinline produces a very full, pleasant tone.
Just over 1 1/2" deep, the Thinline's solid spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, offers a great sound over the ukulele's full range. As we show here, there's also a cutaway, Spalted Maple Concert version with the same amazing tone. The standard mahogany Tenor model is also available with pickup and onboard EQ.
All Thinlines come with padded travel bags—though you may be tempted to (carefully) put it in your backpack or suitcase with your clothes.
- Solid Spruce tops, Mahogany sides and back
- Arched backs measure only 1”-1 5/8” deep and offer amazingly full tone
- Easy to pack or carry (even easier than a standard uke!)
- Travel bag included
- Soprano ($181.99)
- Concert ($199.99)
- Tenor ($219.99)
- Tenor w/ E-Band Pickup & EQ ($265.99)
- Concert Cutaway w/ Spalted Maple Back/Sides ($299.99)
- Tenor Cutaway w/ Spalted Maple Back/Sides ($319.99)
Please call to confirm current availability and pricing.
Why We Like Kala Ukuleles
Kala offers the most affordable, high-quality ukuleles in the market, from beginner ukes to high-end pro models. Younger players and students love them, but many writers and session players buy them for inspiration or to add a different sound to their arsenal. Kala covers the full range. Plenty of styles, combined with great tone and easy playability make them appropriate for every level.