Miktek DI-2 - Active Direct Box
The Miktek DI-2 lets you connect a STEREO Hi-Z audio signal (guitars, bass guitars, drum machines, keyboards, outboard signal processors, etc.) into a STEREO mixer or recorder.
The DI-2 enables you to tap off the signal from a guitar or bass and pass the signal from the THRU output to the amp without affecting the original sound—eliminating the need to mic the amplifier.
With the DI-2’s active power supply, you can rely on an even frequency response. The OUTPUT connection cancels hums/buzzes, while leaving the original signal clean and pure. The DI-2 is also useful for connecting imbalanced signals such as DJ mixers, effects processors and keyboards to a main PA or recording mixer.
Power with either a single 9-volt battery or standard 48 volt phantom power. Whenever phantom power is present on the XLR cable (connected to the OUTPUT), the DI-2 will automatically disconnect the 9 volt battery and switch to phantom power.
- Two 1⁄4” inputs
- Two 1⁄4 ”Thru outputs for linking the audio signal to an amplifier/recorder
- Two Balanced XLR outputs to main mixer
- Two PAD switches for attenuating each channel’s input signal
- Two COMBINE switches for summing/combining the input and thru signals passively
- GROUND LIFT button to detach the XLR jack ground from the DI-2 chassis
- Battery compartment on bottom
- Battery/Phantom switch